By Public Impact, April 30, 2021
The April newsletter includes resources for multi-classroom leaders and principals, a column by the Baltimore City Public Schools Teacher of the Year, updates from Opportunity Culture districts, video playlists, and more. Here’s a short preview:
Resources You Need Now
For multi-classroom leaders:
- New! Instructional Excellence Action Lists: Monitor Learning and Adjust Instruction; Plan Ahead and Raise Sights. These new action lists can guide MCL teams to finish the year strong by monitoring learning and adjusting instruction, and prepare for next year.
- The action lists are part of the Instructional Leadership and Excellence resources on OpportunityCulture.org —curated resources for educators, including video clips of teacher-leaders and principals who have achieved high-growth student learning, and printable study guides for developing your team and yourself, with real examples from educators. Previously published action lists relate to the elements of Connect and Lead the Classroom.
- Understanding the Science of Reading: As a focus on the science of reading continues to gain prominence in Opportunity Culture regions, MCLs and their teams may find these resources useful for simple, research-based, concise resources that help teachers learn the basics of the research on the science of reading and turn them into simple, actionable steps to boost standard curricula.
- For planning ahead: Action Planner for MCLs—Summer
- For planning ahead: Action Planner for Principals—Summer
Read the full April 2021 newsletter here.