Opportunity Culture models redesign schools to reach more students with excellent teaching. Teachers with a record of student growth lead teams with innovative teaching roles, paraprofessional support, and increased tutoring time. Students learn more, and educators gain collaboration time, and earn more—within budget.
Teams of teachers and school leaders must choose and tailor models to:
The Opportunity Culture Principles
- Reach more students with excellent teachers and their teams
- Pay teachers more for extending their reach
- Fund pay within regular budgets
- Provide protected in-school time and clarity about how to use it for planning, collaboration, and development
- Match authority and accountability to each person’s responsibilities