Public Impact, which founded the Opportunity Culture models, can help your district or state design and implement its Opportunity Culture.
We work with districts and states that are committed to the five Opportunity Culture Principles and are eager to meet or surpass the goal of:
- Reaching at least 75 percent of students…
- With at least 75th-percentile student learning growth*…
- While at least 75 percent of educators are satisfied or highly satisfied.
*On average, compared to 2010 standard growth levels.
The Opportunity Culture Principles
- Reach more students with excellent teachers and their teams
- Pay teachers more for extending their reach
- Fund pay within regular budgets
- Provide protected in-school time and clarity about how to use it for planning, collaboration, and development
- Match authority and accountability to each person’s responsibilities
Similar principles apply to teams of principals and district/network leaders