Public Impact, which founded the Opportunity Culture initiative, can help your district or state design and implement Opportunity Culture models that fit your schools’ needs.
We work with districts and states that are committed to the five Opportunity Culture Principles and are eager to meet or surpass the goal of:
- Reaching at least 75 percent of students…
- With at least 75th-percentile student learning growth*…
- While at least 75 percent of educators are satisfied or highly satisfied.
*On average, compared to 2010 standard growth levels.
The Opportunity Culture Principles
Teams of teachers and school leaders must choose and tailor models to:
- Reach more students with excellent teachers and their teams
- Pay teachers more for extending their reach
- Fund pay within regular budgets
- Provide protected in-school time and clarity about how to use it for planning, collaboration, and development
- Match authority and accountability to each person’s responsibilities
Similar principles apply to teams of principals and district/network leaders.
Public Impact consultants advise district and school leaders on characteristics of strong design aligned with these principles. Our guidance is grounded in cross-sector research and a decade of work with educators in hundreds of schools across the country. To learn more about strong Opportunity Culture design, see our District Implementation Review and School Implementation Review.