Opportunity Culture summer professional learning features national training for first-year Opportunity Culture educators.
Educators get initial training for their new roles in professional learning sessions led by Public Impact and strong Opportunity Culture teacher-leaders, to prepare them for success in their new roles and school models.
Each Opportunity Culture site will begin with a Site-Based Kick-Off:
- To incorporate site-specific needs
- To convey key information for all Opportunity Culture roles
- To provide the opportunity for District Superintendent and/or Opportunity Culture District Lead to welcome all new Opportunity Culture hires
This will be followed by a One-Week Training Session:
- Trainings include live sessions plus asynchronous pre-work
- Office hours will be available for additional support
- All sessions will be conducted by educators with Opportunity Culture experience
Finally, each Opportunity Culture site will end with a Site-Based Implementation Launch:
- To convey key information important for all Opportunity Culture roles
- To allow participants to meet with their Opportunity Culture school teams
- To allow participants to reflect on Opportunity Culture Summer Professional Learning
Registration is now open for 2022 Summer Professional Learning!
Click here to access the registration portal.
Summer Professional Learning Available for Each Opportunity Culture Role
Sample Session Topics Include:
- Leading a Team of Leaders
- Supporting MCLs in What and How to Coach
- Effective OC Implementation
- What and How to Coach
- Practicing Coaching
- Launching a Team
TRT/MTRT (or DRT/EIT)
- Understanding Your Role
- Supporting and Developing Others
- Planning for Work Time
- Data Driven Instruction + Management
- Culturally Responsiveness
- Strategies for Managing Up
To learn more about the Opportunity Culture initiative or becoming an Opportunity Culture site, please contact us!